So far I love how moisturizing it is and no reaction. I haven’t been able to test it under workout or high temp conditions but for daily use I have remained ‘whiff free’ according to my brutally honest loved ones!
My 1st batch was a little soft so as the weather is warming up I shall increase the beeswax for the next batch
I got all my ingredients online mostly through eBay where I can purchase tiny starter amounts for a few dollars.
Shea butter I buy by the lb on eBay and use 2/1 with coconut oil as a general body lotion, I’ve found it to be really effective for my occasional eczema attacks so the only item I had to purchase for this recipe was the beeswax. I bought a pound block as I plan to use if for other things but I think if you just bought an ounce to just for this recipe you would have more than enough
- Measure shea butter, coconut oil and beeswax into the upper part of your double-boiler
- Melt on low heat over bottom part of double-boiler or a pot with shallow water until beeswax melts
- or microwave in small glass bowl in 30 second increments
- Turn off heat and allow to cool for a few minutes
- Add EO and vit E, then blend in arrowroot & DE.
- Whisk vigorously to mix thoroughly to a smooth paste
Pour into container and allow to set – it doesn’t take very long
- 30g Coconut oil
- 20g Shea butter
- 10g Beeswax (grated or beads)
- 15g Arrowroot powder
- 15g Diatomaceous Earth – Food Grade!
- 10 drops of Tea Tree Oil
- Vitamin E Oil (optional)
20-25 drops of lavender of other essential oils (optional)